Monday, April 4, 2011

play

it's late
im tired
here goes

what i did well: characterization - i had my character in mind and i believe i stayed within his limits...not that there were many the guy was a nut.

poorly- i overacted a little, justified by the fact that Urinetown is sort of over the top and there was no energy from most of the cast to begin with but still as an actor i should try to not overact just for the sake of a laugh....unless i do.

the "cantaloupes" line i thought was fun, but a tad over the top...i tried to get the most out of hot blades.

my other characters were just kind of going through the motions trying to do what i was asked all the while keeping the attention where it needed to be

i felt out of place during all of act one, i had no idea where to stand and i just kind of made it up as i went along.

i liked the falling bit during "privilege" it made the audience frightened because it looked so real which i thought was hilarious. fun fact i've fallen purposefully in every musical i have ever been in....also had some sort of wardrobe malfunction.....

i liked the struggle between hope and i during act 1 finale it looked real because it mostly was real =D

i liked how i was able to adapt to changing circumstances as they came along. I did not panic i merely went with it within boundaries of my character. i felt that i did that seamlessly.

there isn't too much acting for me to criticize myself upon. Was it a tony performance? not by any means? did i learn any acting from this? sort of. i learned about changing due to specific circumstance but that is right up my alley with improv

i wish there was more dancing and movement and physicality, and that the poor was given something to do rather then stand around.

that being said it was not a bad performance by any means i thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this production and i thought it went well as a whole.

oh i liked that i was able to create my character more or less from my own head and not just singularly copying someone else's rendition. i thought i put my own spin to harry which i thought was cool

i needed more time to work on my character i worked with what i had but we focused more on vocals then character work, i needed more blocking i guess although i liked the freedom to move wherever i wanted whenever i wanted- which was ok for my but i guess it may have confused my costars a bit because they never knew where i would be more or less.

any thoughts on my performance anyone? questions? comments? admirations?


1 comment: