Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How to turn a plotless gag into....

Captain Canada the musical huh, strange thought, but at the same time it isnt. The idea is simple, easy to work with, and John and I haven't already been bogged down with the "oh gosh what if this happened also" syndrome. So far so good. What the plan is:

6/6.5/7 scenes- not sure the breakup yet

7 Cast members
The Captain(yours truly)
The Commissioner
The "Villian" (no spoilers, but Kevin Bacon is up for the role)
4 ensamble members to play a variety of roles,
Band members- but these people might sub in for ensemble at any given time....


The plot is reminiscent of a 90's style Batman episode, except without the whole brooding superhero thing. Canada is headstrong, cocky, and altogether ridiculous....think Captain Hammer meets Batman.

Im excited to get something done. It's funny, i've recently been on youtube researching plays and musicals and every production i've seen has sort of had the whole "why didn't i think of that?" mentality to it. There are so many things people are doing, and here i sit on my butt drinking tea and ranting behind the safety of my computer. It feels good to be creating something. The more I create the more i want to do. I refuse to be "just" an actor. I want to write dammit, i want to direct dammit! Why "just" be something when you can do it all! In all honesty, I would be happiest if i wrote directed and starred in my own musical and here is the first stepping stone to that....dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment