Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the meaning of a scream

Hello All!

After yesterdays class of (admitted) improvisation of what I thought the meaning of the screaming exhibit meant i realized that i was actually onto something!

The MEANING OF THE SCREAM!!!!!

At first as i sauntered up to the microphone i did not think of the art of it all.The singular thought in my head was that "dude im screaming in a museum"

As other people started to scream however i realized that everyones screams are different, and not in the sense that everyone speaks differently, but in the fact that the reason behind everyones screams was different. For example i felt my scream was out of anger, anger from frustration from school, anger from my personal anxieties being released, and anger from my social and personal life. However other peoples screams were about their sadness perhaps, or maybe about happiness, to each their own. It then dawned on me that this is probably what painters did when they were painting. they expressed themselves through their art. So a painting is nothing more then a scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment