Sunday, September 26, 2010

liminality



























































The way that I interpreted "liminal spaces" was as a space of transition. Furthering this thought, I decided to shoot spaces where either change occured, was occuring, or juxtaposed with nonchange. The reason that I interpreted "liminality" as change was because the phrase "inbetween-ness" which made me think of the lives of my friends who left highschool last year to move on to greener pastures. My friends are constantly telling me how different, and better, college is from highschool. I chose to work off of that idea by thinking of my own experiences of going into highschool and how different it was then the middle school. It is through this reasoning that I realized that highschool was my "liminal space" an "inbetween space". What exactly is an "inbetween space" but a place inbetween changes.






No comments:

Post a Comment