Monday, November 15, 2010

how i cried on stage

i did it. i hit a milestone in my acting career.
much as the title suggested i cried onstage during my monologue. Now for the non-thesbians in the room this may seem a simple, annoying task much like mixing colors or something. I can assure you that this is possibly one of the most poignant parts of an actors career, when he or she becomes so comfortable with their emotions and so connected with their work they can summon those emotions at will. Even though i did cry on stage, it wasn't in front of an audience. That will be my real test. If i can do that, then it will be truly a means for celebration. Until then, im content with my little display for empty chairs, because nonetheless it's better then nothing at all

No comments:

Post a Comment